Presentation for AHRC Social Media Knowledge Exchange (SMKE) at University of Cambridge on "Managing Real-Time Event Collaborations Across Mixed and Transmedial Realities". This presentation is for the first of two workshops.
Two half-day workshops on using shared digital media for cultural and academic professionals
Social media is more than a Facebook account or a blog. Today there are many social media platforms that can be used as effective and inexpensive tools for event management and/or for participation and work in the knowledge economy. These two workshops, conducted by a social media professional with more than 10 years of international experience, will develop and share effective practices, experiences, tools and platforms on managing real-time events across a range of social media in professional contexts related to culture, arts and the humanities.
Workshop 1 – Event Management (20 February 2013, Wednesday, 9am – 12 noon, CRASSH)
1. Identifying practical digital tools for using in event management – a list of 20
2. The boundaries of space in mediating events; the virtual present and the presence virtual
3. The ethics of crowd contributions, or, “Watch out, I am behind you!”
4. Archiving the event; tagging, storing, streaming and collating
5. Designing an event with digital infrastructure