Thursday, February 25, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
A Japanese ghost story adapted from Hearn's "Yuki-Onna"(Kwaidan). Two woodcutters, an old man and his young apprentice, Minokichi get trapped in a snowstorm in the forest and take refuge in a hut. That night, Minokichi is forced to make a bargain that will later be forgotten.
Filmed and edited by Michelle. Sets designed & built by Michelle & Kheri.
Huge thanks to gToon for the audio production, Simon Taylor the narrator and additional sound design by Overman. The music is by Tilopa (album Out of the Blue) and is available from Magnatune.com . Special thanks to all the custom content creators! (Filmed entirely in the Sims 2, October 2006)
Winner of Best Story at the European Machinima Festival '07.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
I just spent some time on Chatroulette, a new website that uses webcams to connect you to random strangers all over the world. I approached it as a performative medium. I played didgeridoo, played jaw harp, danced and pulled faces. As a summary:
* There were 16500 people online.The application has the feeling of being in High school again if all the teachers were somehow absent and you could at last run through the halls naked. Not surprisingly it was devised by a 17 year old. However it has possibilities. I played didgeridoo for a while tonight, and got positive reactions from almost all the people who watched and listened. A global performance from my own humble home.
* Jammed with a beat boxer, a DJ and someone with a doumbek.
* Played music to a lot of surprised people (I played didgeridoo)
* Saw way too many men masturbating...what is it about video cams and men getting their pants off?
* Chatted to a maybe 5 or 6 cool people.
* Someone said I was the guy from Shameless (I looked at the cast from Shameless...this is not a good thing)
My advice; lighting is important and use your talents to broadcast yourself.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Star Track: The Sexed Generation
Today in HUMlab the symposium Textual Echoes: Fan Fiction and Sexualities begins. I am looking forward to it, with some really interesting papers being presented. The Cyber Echoes research group, at Umeå University, Sweden consisting of Ph.D. Katarina Gregersdotter, Ph.D. Malin Isaksson, Ph.D. Maria Lindgren Leavenworth, Ph.D. Maria Helena Svensson and Ph.D. Berit Åström have excelled at putting together the program.
Sunday, February 07, 2010
festival of experimental music, noise, power electronics, rock, image, popfreakchanson, hiphop debile, electro-acoustc music, freespazz + more ...
18 - 20 FEBUARY 2010
CONSUMER ELECTRONICS (gb), GHÉDALIA TAZARTÈS (fr), KEITH ROWE / KJELL BJØRGEENGEN / STREIFENJUNKO (gb/no), HAMA YÔKO (jap), DEFLAG HAEMORRHAGE / HAIEN KONTRA (esp/gb), RADU MALFATTI / KLAUS FILLIP (at), EXPLODING CUSTOMER (swe), VALERIO TRICOLI (it), METALKING (fr), HOWARD STELZER (usa), XNOYBIS (fr), GROUND (fr), THOMAS TILLY/TÔ (fr), RAASKALBOMFUKKERZ (nl), HELENA GOUGH (gb) ...
+ STANDS (books and disques): Blind Spot (Rennes), Grand Guignol (Lyon), Ruralfaune (Angers)
+ guest DJs + more ...
BITCHE – 3 rue de Bitche, 44000, Nantes
MUSEE DES BEAUX ARTS - 10 rue Georges Clemenceau, 44000, Nantes
MEDIATEQUE JACQUES DEMY - 24 Quai de la Fosse, 44000, Nantes
Festival Cable#2 4th Day
Uploaded by Masadalem. - Watch more music videos, in HD!